Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Child support/tax time

My now boyfriend went through a divorce and in the divorce he now has to pay child support. He pays full amount every month that is taken by the state out of his paychecks. Now ex wife is saying options are, 1. He let her claim kids every year and child support won't go up again or.. 2 let child support go up and he claim the every other year like it's stated in the signed off divorce papers. . . She also wants for him to drop the insurance he was ordered by court to provide on the children and she just get the money that he would be paying for the insurance. . Question here, can this actually be done?
Let me add.. she is primary parent due to him working 4 to 8 weeks at a time away from home. And home 2 weeks after each trip out for work.

She has already added another insurance on the kids to see if the insurance he provided would automatically stop.

Re: Child support/tax time

Mothers typically treat child support like an extra income stream, to be controlled and maximized at will. Yes, she can make him do pretty much whatever she wants because she knows a judge will likely side with her. I'm sorry you have a boyfriend with an ex-wife, because his financial life is controlled by the mother and likely his and your best interests are not very high on her priorities. In fact, the opposite is quite likely true.

Re: Child support/tax time

Shelby: What is in the divorce agreement about this? If it is not addressed or what is in the agreement is not being followed, these questions need to go back to a Lawyer(s)/court/Judge, in that order.