Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Depression and Divorce

Karen I am having the same issue, with crying and inability to talk about how I feel with anyone. I can't afford a therapist but really think I would benefit from a few visits. I get up every day and hope for a good day, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I think some grieving is natural but when it last too long or you get no relief then force yourself to get busy. Make your bed every morning, put on your clothes, go to work or to clubs. Exercise! I have read exercise helps, play your favorite music, have lunch with a friend. Stay busy if you can

I, too, am going through depression. My husband and I are separated but still living in the same house. We are getting a divorce after 14 years of marriage. I am angry and sad. He cheated on me and it turns out he is gay. This has been one of the hardest things I have ever had to deal with. I've even thought of suicide. I'm in therapy but one hour a week just isn't enough to get through my feelings. But it helps. There are support groups around but they are all church affiliated and I'm just not really religious. I don't have any family or friends to help me through this.

Hi Andi....came across your post and I get it with not having friends and people for support. Not sure where you live but I'm in Newark De. Lynn

If you can find ANY support group...go!! Also, just because a support group is in a church does not mean it will try to get you to join,etc. Many times, they are held at churches simply because they have the space. Just try it once, and maybe you will connect with one or two of the people! You don't have to go back if you don't want to, and it will, at least, get you out of the house one night!

I am depressed too!

It takes time to get over a divorce. I have read two years on average.