Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Divorce and Fired from Job & Cat just got cancer

You are definitely not the only one who feels alone. I'm sorry about your cat. My cat was my baby and he died in my arms in May just two weeks after my grandmother died. My husband cheated on me most of last year with a man and now I'm going through a divorce. What's worse is that even though we are separated, we are still living in the same house. Don't give up. Fight for what is yours. I understand you have lost your job but don't let him get what he wants and you be without.

How are things going now? Did you move out? I left in February. Probably the hardest thing i have done. Being alone for the first time is so hard. You can’t seem to process the emotion and still drive by your condo. I went for my first interview. Starting to get out there but it’s not easy. That is the worst living together during the separation. I found things that pained me in so many ways. Here i sit still crying and it’s been a year process.

Ami: Sorry all this happened. My ex moved across the country back in 2009 and our daughter also moved far away to college and it was just me and the cat for 2 years. I was lucky to have met someone two years after the divorce, while my cat was dying and I had to put her to sleep (which cost hundreds of dollars adding to my credit card debt), I was sobbing. It took a while for my finances to improve and to be up to getting another cat. I hope you find a job soon and can get back to having a Lawyer/divorce and to have a better life. It takes a couple of years to move on emotionally from a divorce for most. Best wishes.