Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Alimony

Raven: My ex left in 2008. We were married 21 years, one grown child. He covered the bills but just took me shopping for food once so I had to go to the local food pantry. He had credit card debt which he paid off and had been spending at strip clubs and gave a lot to a church. He didn't pay an alimony for 9 months and then paid it but took me back to court to either get it reduced and/or eliminated every 1 1/2 years. I would suggest you get whatever help you need such as visiting the local Food Pantry, also. I shopped at thrift shops for clothes. Maybe you could qualify for public housing - check with your local housing office. If you have cable t.v., I would suggest cutting back to the most basic services and just having one phone (many people just have a cell phone these days and not a home phone). Since you are not getting the court ordered amount, it's time for the Lawyer to step in. Let the Lawyer do the talking, don't bother talking to this hostile man.

Re: Alimony

Thank you Lara ... I will take your suggestion. Sorry abt your marriage. Best wishes!