Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Leader to Fly

Isn't hard to miss him just look for the BARGE LOL and the new 8' antena sticking up from it LOL sure will beat trying to talk to him on that goofy handheld LOL Take Care God Bless LOL Dave From up North Who's going nuts waiting for Ice-out UGHHHHHHHHHHH

Re: Re: Re: Re: Leader to Fly

I'll sure to be on the look out for him..... I will be in my 16 foot camo boat with all my fishing gear ....trying to hide from the fish. I know the ducks can't see me so I hope it will work on the fish.

Roger

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Leader to Fly

Hope to see you on Squam. I'll be out as soon as Ice out. May be out a couple of days this week at the docks in Holderness. Happy fishing.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Leader to Fly

Well I am sure that we may pass each other if we are on Squam fishing for the big one. If my memory serves me right ice out is about 2 weeks after Wini. Right? Anyway thanks for your reply and I can't wait to hook into one. It has been many years.

Roger-

Re: Re: Re: Leader to Fly

Only kidding when I say Squam is OK, some great fish but can be very slow fishing.

With you there maybe 7 boats out there now on a busy day, I like it that way. Most people are afraid of the Lake it has a bad reputation and perhaps deserved. I did in a few props in the earlier days, some mother rocks in the big lake, not so bad however when you get used to it. The bottom does come up quick even whe you know the Lake and have it mapped good, the new Navionics chip will be a big help, mine came in the mail this week...

We keep the boat in Evans Cove on the Little Lake, some good fishing there too, it's underfished, we should fish it more often. Got a huge Bow there last fall the day after the season closed when fishing with crawlers for Bass.

Once they go deep very limited fishing areas, so whoever is out, they are not hard to find. Do you have a radio ???

John S.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

John,
Thanks for the info. I can't wait to get back into it. Squam has many memories for me. I have lots of photos from the 70's. My 2 largest salmon were caught there...both over 6#'s and my largest laker at over 7#'s . We used to have a slip across from the marina in the river. Fished mostly from Deephaven to Church. Lots of great days there. I do hope to see you there someday. Roger

Re: Re: Re: Re: Leader to Fly

Oh boy do I know that lake has some huge fish. We used to see them surface in the early morning gorging on smelt. Both by Birch Island and Bean Ledge. We used to anchor in the channel at Squam Boats and watch the salmon cruise the river in October.

There never were many that fished that lake. Lots of rocks. Lost many lures on bottom while navigating with a depth map. Some of the best fishing was at Church on a small chop with overcast. Can't wait. I don't have a radio yet but will set one up this spring.

I have equiped my small fishing boat with a lorance fish finder and will have my Garmin 60csx hand held with the SD card for Squam. That will be a hell of a lot better than the way we used to do it.

We will have to swap some stories when we catch up some time. I cut my teeth fishing and boating on that lake. Everything from smallies to salmon and lakers. I has never been about numbers but the quality.

Roger-