Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: help

Anntena mounting came out better than I had hoped but getting the coax over to the other side may be a major
job, allot of ideas but the best one is the toughest naturaly.

John S.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I thought I remebered you saying something about the connectors, I'll go to the Shack aftr I mount the antenna..

Everything will work fine with it mounted there, just have to run the coax under the boat and back up.

Needed some steel plates and some stainless hardware
to mount it on my square boat rails, went to the hardware store and ****ed if they didn't have everything I needed to mount it, going to put it all on now.

Thanks for the advice,

John S.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Yeah, Radio Shack is where I got my connections. They have solder and solderless ones in stock (solderless slips over the cable and a screw pierces the exterior). I am using a solderless type and have had no problems with radio clarity. Have talked to Winnisquam, Squam and even Newfound once with this set up from Winni.

So, the antenna doesn't interfere with the use of the canvas? And you'll still be able to lower the antenna to get under the bridge, right? Just checking...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: help

John as slipnot has said just coil those wire together and your good to go I have the same radio as you have I like mine.I'm still waiting for the ground to dry out a little more before I can get my Girl out.I'm hopeing this week.Good luck if you make it out this weekend.

Erin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: help

Erin,

I thought ahead and pulled her out of my side drive a month ago and put her in front of my garage and that's were she set until yestertay. Took the cover off, left all the seat canvas on for now and got started yesterday. Not a hell of a lot to do ut I'm not so agile as I used to be so it's going to be a little tough. She sits a little high out of the water on the trailer so climbing in and out is a chore in itself, LOL..

I will do just that with the extra wires, I doubt very much that boat will ever see anything other than out NH Lakes, great feature if you go offshore and maybe the Great Lakes, etc..

I'l be all dressed and ready to go by the weekend, but no place to go.

John S.