Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Vertical Spinners

This picture has both a vertical and horizontal blades attached to a downrigger ball.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Vertical Spinners

Is there a special clip that you use on the verticle one where it attaches to the cable? Thanks for the photo.

Roger-

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Vertical Spinners

The clip you normally hook onto the downrigger ball will clip to the top of the vertical blades. At the lower end of the vertical blades will be another snap to hook the downrigger ball onto. (Comes with the setup... no need to add a snap)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Vertical Spinners

Thanks for the info. I have used the horizontal one in line with the lure. Havn't seen vertical.

Roger-

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Vertical Spinners

Do you use these verticals all year or just later in the season???

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Vertical Spinners

I have not had good luck with them up top (top 15 feet or so) so I don't get into using them much until mid late June. Maybe some other guys have though.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Vertical Spinners

I only started using the horizontal spinners last year.The first day I was using them was in April and at 10' down [about 8'-10' back from ball] I got a hit and I just happened to see the flash of the fish.I thought that was pretty cool.This year I'm going to try the vertical one I got at the gathering.I was told you can use both at the same time.I'll give it a try.