Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: super smelt images ?

dont remember it being plastic, but they do break, went to alter the bend in one and it did snap in half. i dont know if he still sells direct, but i bought a large sized order from the guy that makes the dbs a couple years ago before he had the color variety he has now.

Re: Re: Re: super smelt images ?

There are more "DB type" spoons on the market, but these are stainless and **** nice looking, Paugus sells them now and I understand they will be available at other Tackle shops soon.

I will add my 2 cents on the Acme DB look-a-likes, I didn't like the feel in the hand, too light compared to the real DB (not that means anything)so I didnt buy any. But it seems allot of people did, they were cheaper. KTP was sold out when I was there a month ago so I guess they are selling good, maybe they will correct any problems.

I still like the orginal DB better anyhow, otherwise I wouldn't have over 200 of them. I plan on stocking up on the new smaller DB look-a-likes as they look and feel real good to me, but I'm no expert. Not sure if they will catch fish, but like I said before good looking spoons are designed to catch fisherman, then if they catch fish all the better, but I think these will do the job, not sure what they call them yet ?????

John S.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

dont remember it being plastic, but they do break, went to alter the bend in one and it did snap in half. i dont know if he still sells direct, but i bought a large sized order from the guy that makes the dbs a couple years ago before he had the color variety he has now.