Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lead Line set up

I want to thank Adrian and Travis for a great seminar last night at F & G. You guys again have shared all your experience with us and it is great.
I did want to ask a bout a lead line set up for July - Sept. You talked about the in line lead for the spring and we did not get into lead for later. I now that last year on the board there was always talk about 5 - 6 colors so I assume you use a full lead set up then of 10 or so colors. What do you use for leader? 100 ' of 6#. Thanks again for all you guys do on this site. See ya on the lake.

Re: Lead Line set up

we were runing near 2 hours when lead core time came around and things didn't get the full detail they deserved. I run a full 10 color set up for the summer. 3 reels i like are shimano speedmaster, okuma magda 45, and the okuma convestor cv30s the high speed size 30 convector.

There are not too many days that i put out all 10 colors, you could get by with 8 colors and more backing and be fine 99% of the time.

when i am putting out more than 5 colors i usually cut the leader down to 50 feet or so, the lure is so far back with 6 colors plus another 100 feet that you are reeling for so long it gives the fish more chance to shake loose.

Re: Re: Lead Line set up

So, this is the set up you use on the okuma 45 with 18# lead. Pretty close to the set up we have except for to heavy a rod. I guess I need to go see AJ to see if he has any more of those set ups. Thanks again.

Re: Re: Re: Lead Line set up

The Magda 30 or the 45 will work with 18lb lead you can get the 10 colors on .. If you use the 36lb you can't get a full 10 colors. The CV30 has the better gear system in it and will last longer than the Magda Series.

Thansk Jay

Re: Re: Re: Re: Lead Line set up

I beleive these are the 2 new reels i bought from Paugus Bay and Let me tell you I am so looking forward to trying these reels, they feel nice and they look bullet proof, nice reel for the $$$ i know i can't wait to try it Now if the goshdarn Ice would ever disappear i could LOL Take Care God Bless And Tight Lines sooner or later LOL DAve From up North

Re: Re: Re: Re: Lead Line set up

Can you tell me your web site? I now I saw it somwhere but can n ot find it. Thanks

Re: Lead Line set up

Adrian and Travis,
I couldn't make the meeting thursday night, any plans on covering this again at a later date?
Thanks for all the information.

Re: Re: Lead Line set up

next year, sorry.