Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: lead core colors out?????

It’s the widely accepted standard amongst fishermen, so that everyone is on the same page.

Re: Re: Re: Re: lead core colors out?????

Same thing for me.

Charlie

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: lead core colors out?????

Yes Forry. As soon as that last bit of the 5th color off your reel is actually in the water, thats "5 colors out."

Eric

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: lead core colors out?????

Thank you Eric and all

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: lead core colors out?????

Adrien, has explained it correctly, it has nothing to do with line leaving the reel. It is how much line is in the water, i.e., if 5 colors are in the water then it is 5 colors out. Any other way of measuring it would depend how the pole is rigged in the boat

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: lead core colors out?????

Good thing I have 5 fingers. Lately I have been using the line counter to determine how many colors are off the reel, in the case metioned, 5 colors = 150' then the last color out would touch the water. Helps when you are dealing with 5 colors or more, I loose count every time.

Somethmg else I do is I have most of my lead core reels set up with in-line lead with a number taped to the rod handle, a #3 = 3 colors, so when I see mono I know my 3 colors are in the water. I like to keep it VERY simple, Trav showed me this idea of puting a number for how many colors you have in-line.

John S.

John S.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Adrien, has explained it correctly, it has nothing to do with line leaving the reel. It is how much line is in the water, i.e., if 5 colors are in the water then it is 5 colors out. Any other way of measuring it would depend how the pole is rigged in the boat

Re: lead core colors out?????

its the same for me, rod tip or line in the water. i set my rods with the rod tips just over the surface of the water by six to 12 inches max. we seem to have less tangles that way than having the rod tips up