(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: fish carving

http://www.genebahr.com/
this is his web site, if you were to go there it would be best to call first. he has a really nice show room in his barn.

Re: Re: fish carving

i dont know if i have a wall big enough for an 8 foot fish, would have to go across a door or window. nice

Re: Re: Re: fish carving

I have it on my back porch, porch is covered. My wife wants it off the wall in the worse way, I told her when I get a bigger one or a nice Marlin. But I'm not sure I would go for the big bucks again to have it mounted and shipped up here.

Maybe I better stick with a nice 7 pound Salmon, but in the long run it cost just as much to fish here a season as a trip to Mexico and getting a fish back here.

John S.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

i dont know if i have a wall big enough for an 8 foot fish, would have to go across a door or window. nice

Re: Re: Re: Re: fish carving

Very nice. I really like that.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: fish carving

The detail is unbelievable. What an artisan.
Cal

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: fish carving

Just curious. The artist did all that just from a picture? Did you give him measurments of the fish etc.? thats a nice mount!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: fish carving

i brought the fish to him after getting it weighed. he did a tracing and took length and several girth measurements and a lot of pictures. he had several in the shop that were done from just pictures, but i think its best to atleast get a tracing on some wax paper or cardboard to get the closer match, and some good closeup shots with the camera.