Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: size and creel limits again

Hmmm. So if I have two in the box and catch a third fish. A sub legal runt that is hook wounded and half dead. What do I do?

OK. I have no fish in the box and catch a sub legal runt that is now half dead, what do I do?

I can't keep it in either case because it is too small.

What if I go to maine and catch two legals up there and bring them to NH in a cooler in my truck then go fish Winni for a couple of hours on my way home and catch two legal NH fish. Now I have two legal Maine fish and two NH.

Ha ha. This can get interested if you throw all of the use cases at it.

Common sense though. And most of us take turns when there is several in the boat right? So how often to you really run into this problem?

Can't wait for the big lake to open up so we can see pictures and get some good old fish reports. ;)

Re: Re: Re: size and creel limits again

I would say that Fishrods answer, makes some sense as far "two set of books" (so to speak) as far as F and G law enforcement.

Assuming Richard is right, "we are not allowed to have more than 2 fish in our freezer, if we catch 2 today", this is getting funny.. I'm allready in violation as I have a few still in my freezer from last year, but them again I live in Mass so they might have to extradite them for evidence and do an autopsy, lol.

The idea of keeping a severly wounded undersized fish, whether from you or previously caught by another is starting to make more sense, maybe it shouldn't even be counted in your catch ??

So if your caught with a little guy, he better be a mess.

I wish the rules were more clear so that these answerless debates weren't needed at all.

Now let's fish.

Big John

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hmmm. So if I have two in the box and catch a third fish. A sub legal runt that is hook wounded and half dead. What do I do?

OK. I have no fish in the box and catch a sub legal runt that is now half dead, what do I do?

I can't keep it in either case because it is too small.

What if I go to maine and catch two legals up there and bring them to NH in a cooler in my truck then go fish Winni for a couple of hours on my way home and catch two legal NH fish. Now I have two legal Maine fish and two NH.

Ha ha. This can get interested if you throw all of the use cases at it.

Common sense though. And most of us take turns when there is several in the boat right? So how often to you really run into this problem?

Can't wait for the big lake to open up so we can see pictures and get some good old fish reports. ;)

Re: Re: Re: size and creel limits again

NH Angler
The answer to your question re: two Maine fish & two in NH on the same day is matter of fact according to the NHFG rules. The key word is "posession"! If you posess the two Maine fish in your cooler on your boat or in your truck for that matter, while fishing on a NH lake you are violating the law. Now, if you dropped the Maine fish off at home on the way to the NH lake, and you had no other fish in your fridge or freezer you would be legal. Consider stripers, If you launch your boat in ME, fish across the river in NH catching NH slot fish, and bring them back to the ME launch you have broken the law. In addition, if you launch in ME, fish in ME catching ME slot stripers, when you get back to the launch you are fine. When you cross the NH state line,with those stripers in your cooler you have just broken the law. The law makes it easy for the CO's. They don't have to figure out where you caught them. That would be tough for a CO. It is easy for him to know where you posess them. I am sure NHFG is not trying to trick or confuse anyone. The laws are written to benefit the fishery so all anglers will benefit now and in the future.
Hope this helps,
Richard