Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Feeling ill

Sad to say that Ames Family boat launch has been closed as a result of action taken by wealthy neighbors who don't like the low class of people that Ames Farm attracts!! The Gilford Planning Board approved the family's right to run the site as it is at present but the neighbors appealed to the Zoning Board and the Zoning Board decided that the Ame's Farm public boat launch wasn't a grandfathered use. Many town folk testified in favor of the Ames Family but 3 out of 5 Zoning Board member voted against the family appeal.
Its a shame how cruel small town politics can become.
I've loved fishing out of Ames Farm, Derby week, for a decade. I haven't gotten a cancellation notice from Ames Farm but I'm afraid I may not be able to fish Winni this year.
If anyone on the site lives in Gilford please know that I'm absolutely disgusted with the hatefull treatment of a
150 year long resident family.

Dick

Re: Re: Feeling ill

I dont think we have heard the last of this there may be more than meets the eye too ???I'm pretty sure more info will be forth coming soon.

Big John

Re: Re: Re: Feeling ill

Ames Farm has been doing business the good old American way for many,many years. We are loosing our rights and liberties every day by people like this and their lawyers. I will not go on a rant but I sure as heck could. It is infuriating what's going on in this great country of ours.

Re: Re: Re: Feeling ill

John

I hope your right!! This is historic fishing site coming to an end because of type of people we now see building monster , fertilized lawns to the shoreline and building huge retaining wall to protect their high class boats. Is it possible that we fishermen don't fit in anymore?? I can only hope that Golden Pond isn't next.

Dick

Re: Re: Re: Re: Feeling ill

I think that it is time that the STATE grow some and purchase some properties around the lake to provide public access to a public lake for the people that pay fees and taxes to operate a boat to fish or just plain enjoy the lake. The STATE surely doesn't have any issues taking our money.

John,

I hope you are right on more things to come.

Roger-