Ruislip And Ickenham Online Community Message Board

PLEASE NOTE
Use sensible names, do not be rude or abusive towards other users. This is not the place for an argument, exchange news and views ONLY. We do not do religion, propaganda, funny videos etc. NO ADVERTS.

Comments and views on here are not necessarily factually correct and user names are not exclusive. This is a public forum and anyone may post, the messages are not the views and opinions of the owner of Ruislip Online.

TIP: To open links RIGHT click and select "Open in new window"

This board is moderated from time to time
meaning your messages may be deleted without notice and for any reason.

Ruislip And Ickenham Online Community Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ashburton Road land

In Ashburton Road just south of Hatherleigh Road there is an area of land which looks like a carpark for about 6 cars and is fenced off by a temporary barrier. There is a similar area of land at the diagonally opposite corner of the block at the bottom of Salcombe Way which is indeed used as a carpark.
I understand these areas of land are not owned by anybody, a bit like the alleyways so was wondering why and by who the fence was put up. Now that we have double yellow lines in the area the extra parking space would be very useful.

Re: Ashburton Road land

It is land which belongs to "the residents", so no-one in particular, but the house number 1 or 3 in Hatherleigh has access to it from their back gate. Hence it's reasonable to conclude that they have fenced it off from the road, and it is their car there now. I'm only surmising, of course.

However, I agree with you that the area could be better used for the parking of vehicles.

Interesting......not sure fencing it off is allowed.....they could be trying to get a possessory title (see link).

Might be worth talking to the council in case someone is using the land for the unauthorised storage of cars possibly a car dealer in hopes that nobody notices.

My thoughts entirely Philip. As far as I am aware no one has a right to fence it.

The same thing happened some years ago in Harefield with a piece of land at the side of someones house. The house owners fenced it off hoping no one would notice so the owners could extend it and make it worth more money. Local residents found out and the council took action to get the fence removed .

Checking on Google street view suggests the temporary fencing has been in place across the entrance since at least July 2008!

Google Street View Link

Anon
The same thing happened some years ago in Harefield with a piece of land at the side of someones house. The house owners fenced it off hoping no one would notice so the owners could extend it and make it worth more money. Local residents found out and the council took action to get the fence removed .

The mistake here was the fence.....plant a hedge that will grow over time and you then are on to a winner!!![:))]