Ruislip And Ickenham Online Community Message Board

PLEASE NOTE
Use sensible names, do not be rude or abusive towards other users. This is not the place for an argument, exchange news and views ONLY. We do not do religion, propaganda, funny videos etc. NO ADVERTS.

Comments and views on here are not necessarily factually correct and user names are not exclusive. This is a public forum and anyone may post, the messages are not the views and opinions of the owner of Ruislip Online.

TIP: To open links RIGHT click and select "Open in new window"

This board is moderated from time to time
meaning your messages may be deleted without notice and for any reason.

Ruislip And Ickenham Online Community Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Field End Road Blocked in Eastcote, Long Delays

A tree has fallen across the Field End Road in Eastcote outside the Tudor Lodge Hotel. Road is completely blocked both ways.
Looks like it may have hit some vehicles passing and seems to have just happened as there were no emergency services around when went along Bridle Road around 4.45pm.

Re: Field End Road Blocked in Eastcote, Long Delays

Word is: the road is now clear.

Hopefully nobody injured. I was on foot there about the same time. Saw one car had had a close shave but not obviously damaged. People were brushing a few leaves off the bonnet... Nothing else crushed unnerneath the trunk or branches.

It was a huge horse chestnut (I think). Seemed to have uprooted itself out of the ground. As it lay across the road stopping all the traffic, kids were having an amazing time climbing in the branches. I wish I could have taken a picture!

We were passing along Field End Road in to Bridle Road at about 5:30pm. They were clearing it away then. There was a Police car parked across Field End Road by the fallen tree. What irritated me was that there was no police presence on the mini roundabout and some poor chap without any high visibility clothing was trying to stop traffic turning right down towards the fallen tree. Where the hell were the police (probably a doughnut sale in Tesco?)? What do they get paid for if not to manage these situations?

I have lost all respect for the police. They have no common sense any more and are too busy ticking boxes or taking the easy and lazy option in most circumstances. They really need a root and branch sorting out, starting at the top where they are now managed by officers with big mouths and egos who can talk the talk but cannot even crawl the walk. Now too many saying what others want to hear in order to improve their career prospects, rather than what the public want. South Yorkshire have been found out, but it is just the tip of the way the police service in general has operated over the past 30 years. Bring back the Bobby on the Noddy (Velocette) Bikes rather than two "schoolboy Looking" plods poncing around in a car with some nice blue lights on the roof!!!

"Bring back the Bobby on the Noddy (Velocette) Bikes rather than two "schoolboy Looking" plods poncing around in a car with some nice blue lights on the roof!!!"

Ahhhh the old policeman looking younger gag ; 'yeah I'm fifty something and now think I'm going to get a smile or a like from saying everyone's looking younger.'

Well guess what? They ARE when you are older!

grumpy old poster
"Bring back the Bobby on the Noddy (Velocette) Bikes rather than two "schoolboy Looking" plods poncing around in a car with some nice blue lights on the roof!!!"

Ahhhh the old policeman looking younger gag ; 'yeah I'm fifty something and now think I'm going to get a smile or a like from saying everyone's looking younger.'

Well guess what? They ARE when you are older!

That's fine if they have some common as well as practical sense. But unfortunately they only seem to be able to tick boxes and operate in a PC way that delivers a very poor service. The experience of the old fashion Bobby was, IMO, a much better grounding to deliver what the public wants than the mouthy career blinded idiots that now reach the heights of thinking they control God!