Ruislip And Ickenham Online Community Message Board

PLEASE NOTE
Use sensible names, do not be rude or abusive towards other users. This is not the place for an argument, exchange news and views ONLY. We do not do religion, propaganda, funny videos etc. NO ADVERTS.

Comments and views on here are not necessarily factually correct and user names are not exclusive. This is a public forum and anyone may post, the messages are not the views and opinions of the owner of Ruislip Online.

TIP: To open links RIGHT click and select "Open in new window"

This board is moderated from time to time
meaning your messages may be deleted without notice and for any reason.

Ruislip And Ickenham Online Community Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Traffic light phasing West End Road junction with Station Approach

I think after the rush hour is over the phasing on those light favour exiting Station Approach and traffic turning into Station Approach from West End Road.
If you complain to TFL they will look into it. It is quite ridiculous how much priority is given to access and exit Station Approach.

I agree, the traffic levels have become too much, I have noticed drivers trying to get out of the petrol station and turn right are having difficulties. TFL really need to look into this.

Complain to TFL, like I did, see my thread below this one. Nothing will happen unless they know about it.

What would actually be a very simple, if radical, solution the the problem is between the hours of say 6.30 am and 9.30 am (and 5.00 pm and 7.00 pm) just turn the lights off. Do that and watch the queues vanish......

That junction should have a box juntion and a camera due to the amount of morons that always drive through the red light on West End Road from the A40 turning into Station Approach.

Twice we have driven forward from S.Approach turning left and had to slam the brakes on for people ignoring the red light almost causing an accident.

They also generally don't like you to then begin moving a closed hand in an up and down motion as if you were offering them a Nescafe' and they were Gareth Hunt.

[:-|]

Sorry, I meant to say rurning right onto West End Road from Station Approach!

Sunday 1130hrs the phasing was 10 seconds towards A40 whilst Station Approach had a good couple of minutes. Also the lights at the entrance to RAF Northolt were going red with nothing coming out. I have e mailed TFL they are normally good at responding.

I timed the lights at 7 seconds at lunchtime on Thursday last week

I'm guessing that the timing has been changed back to the way it used to be.

South Ruislip was gridlocked again this morning.

Booooo

Philip (ROL)
What would actually be a very simple, if radical, solution the the problem is between the hours of say 6.30 am and 9.30 am (and 5.00 pm and 7.00 pm) just turn the lights off. Do that and watch the queues vanish......
Have you not seen The Italian Job?!?!?! :-o

Still a 7-10 second phasing at 12 noon today. Traffic tailing back towards RAF Northolt.

If TFL cannot get the phasing right then I hope somebody sensible at TFL considers restructuring the junction and having a roundabout there. Why on earth there is such a build up of traffic at lunchtime is beyond me. The junction has just been badly managed and needs an urgent review

I wonder whether there is enough room for a roundabout.

With the size of some of the lorries using the junction they would have to break all sorts of rules and ignore even a white painted circle on the road.

Monday lunchtime tailing back to the lights by the main entrance to RAF Northolt. I counted each phase at the junction of Station approach and it gets a miserly 10 seconds whilst the other phase that allows traffic to turn into Station Approach coming from the A40 and traffic coming out of Station approach get over a minute. TFL e mailed me stating they were sending an engineer to assess the junction, clearly did not do this or left things as they are. It's actually busier at lunchtime now than peak hours!