Ruislip And Ickenham Online Community Message Board

PLEASE NOTE
Use sensible names, do not be rude or abusive towards other users. This is not the place for an argument, exchange news and views ONLY. We do not do religion, propaganda, funny videos etc. NO ADVERTS.

Comments and views on here are not necessarily factually correct and user names are not exclusive. This is a public forum and anyone may post, the messages are not the views and opinions of the owner of Ruislip Online.

TIP: To open links RIGHT click and select "Open in new window"

This board is moderated from time to time
meaning your messages may be deleted without notice and for any reason.

Ruislip And Ickenham Online Community Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Butchers ~ Ruislip Manor

Does anyone know if this is under new management. The interior and signage are different.
I am a huge fan of support your local business but the quality in the past when I have been in there was very poor, I hope it has changed as the food looked better presented?

Re: Butchers ~ Ruislip Manor

eclipse
Does anyone know if this is under new management. The interior and signage are different.
I am a huge fan of support your local business but the quality in the past when I have been in there was very poor, I hope it has changed as the food looked better presented?

Last time I went in there was a few years back and the steaks I bought had some much water in them that I had to empty the frying pan part way through and consequently the steaks were not very nice especially considering I paid top money for them. I have never been back ever since, and I will support my local shops if the service and quality is good but if not I will pay less at a local supermarket.

I'm a customer here and think the the meat is great. Lovely guy called Ian I think runs it. Great for getting stocked up with bbq stuff too as the do their own marinated stuff. Also got the buffalo meatballs from there .. gorgeous

Slightly off topic BUT can somebody answer a question I have often wondered about.

Farmer Giles has cows in his field, next door is a small shop selling "local produce" including, so they say, meat from "Farmer Giles".

Now I cannot think that every farm has its own abattoir so the cows go off on a trip of "N" miles to be slaughtered - is it possible to ensure the self same cows come back to the shop in question to be butchered and sold? I would have thought the whole industry was one of mass production....or have I got it totally wrong?

I'm not sure in the UK, but it is possible though more likely not all the meat from his cattle. It's more likely a lot of the meat is sourced elsewhere. (You could ask.)
I grew up on a farm and we'd get a cow butchered and get all the meat from it. But it's not really a lot of meat and some cuts would sell better than others.