Ruislip And Ickenham Online Community Message Board

PLEASE NOTE
Use sensible names, do not be rude or abusive towards other users. This is not the place for an argument, exchange news and views ONLY. We do not do religion, propaganda, funny videos etc. NO ADVERTS.

Comments and views on here are not necessarily factually correct and user names are not exclusive. This is a public forum and anyone may post, the messages are not the views and opinions of the owner of Ruislip Online.

TIP: To open links RIGHT click and select "Open in new window"

This board is moderated from time to time
meaning your messages may be deleted without notice and for any reason.

Ruislip And Ickenham Online Community Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Old Codgers

How many of the old codgers are still around ??

Re: Old Codgers

I am still around, albeit in Australia. o sad to see the demise of this great web site.

David Horn
I am still around, albeit in Australia. o sad to see the demise of this great web site.
The web site is very much still there, sad to say that Facebook controls the world now when it comes to message forums.

As an original "Old Codger" I am still reading this board, from Sydney, Australia I'me glad to say

So Phil and David ..... were you also SNOBs?

Well I am - left in about 1974

The new website is well worth a look

www.sngs.org.uk

Yes I was in the first intake (first year at Bourne whilst St. Nicks was built) and left in 1959 as I didn't want to go to university. Didn't cause problems for me as I ended up as the group treasurer for QBE Insurance who are one of the largest insurers/reinsurers in the world. The new snobs web pages are great as I left Ruislip Gardens in 1965 and they have kept me in touch with memories!

My brother, Ken Larkin, was in when it started,60’s i believe

Hi Derek,

Thanks for that. We are currently building a list of all former pupils but there are large gaps and it looks like your brother may fall into one of those, as his name does not currently appear. I would be interested to learn more and am happy to do so on email to get additional information about him.

Cheers

Tim