Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Winnisquam

In the spirit of the two most recent new posts/threads, I am going to Winnisquam on Friday to troll the early morning hours. I would appreciate any pointers on general areas to target for salmon, lakers or rainbows. I've had success right in front of the river during the summer for lakers but have not caught salmon or bows there before.

Any general or specific information that I can try would be helpful. I will be trolling my usual Winni-fare...DBs, Top Guns, Mini-guns.

Re: Winnisquam

belmont beach is a good spot to troll for lakers/salmon usually stay in about 55-60 ft of water heading twords the bridge. also the back side of pot island and past hog island (make sure your past is its really shallow right in front of it) stay in about 50 ft of water is usually good for bows/salmon. theres a blinking buoy to the left of pot island off a point too that can be good at times, dont know yet cause wont be done school untill next week ( Will be out all afternoon next tuesday). Red Grey Ghosts, DB Smelt orange and red, needlefish, and winni smelt all do pretty well good luck