Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Ahhhhhhhh Did they already put the new Salmon in Winni?

Wellllll All I can say is that if a bunch of those are either Chomping on treble hooks or single hooks for that matter, it's easy to see how they could be getting so many hook woundings. I thought Big John said they were bigger this year when he was doing the fin clipping? I'm not trying to start crap (far from it there's been enough of that) but they just seem very small? Any info would be appreciated Take Care God Bless LOL Dave

according to fish and game the salmon that the stocked in Winni were all aproximatly 8 fish to the pound

Glen

Two ounces each not very big.

triple D
Two ounces each not very big.

The ideal (goal) is 8/9 to a pound, which is more twice the size as last years 20/pound. This years were 8 or 9 to a pound and 5 to 6 inches long, don't seem like much, but this is the normal stock size. They will be fine as long as they don't get hooked too many times, everything is back to normal at the hatchery, the rest is up to us, handle with care.

I don't know why so many are caught in Winni after they are freshly stocked, Must be because they put so **** many in you cant get away from them ??? Wwe RARELY catch a yearling Salmon in Squam until maybe early fall ????

We have fished at least 4 days since they went in Squam and haven't caught a one, we did catch 2 new Bows 13".

Big John