Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Plattsburgh Rotary fishing derby (Lake Champlain)

Friday, Saturday and Sunday Lena and I fished the Plattsburg Roteray on Champlain. To qualify for the teams catagory you must have two different species. We had decided to go for Salmon and Lake Trout. Frday regestered a small Salmon 3.5 lbs. Saturday morning the big fish were biting. I caught a Lake Trout that weighed 15.5 lbs. The weigh station was not open till 8 am so we kept fishing. Twenty minutes later Lena brings in a 5 lbs Salmon. We tried for bigger Salmon for the rest of Saturday and Sunday and could not get them in the boat. Our team mates did have a huge Salmon for several minutes and lost it at the side of the boat when it started jumping 5 feet in the air. We ended up with 2nd place as a team and I ended up in second place Lake trout. The biggest Lake Trout was 15.75 caught by Jim Ditello's Dad (Vince). Derby only pays out 5 places but winnings are cash.
plattsburg rotary 2010
LCI in 2 weeks, Good Luck
Roland

Re: Plattsburgh Rotary fishing derby (Lake Champlain)

Great job, you guys (gal) are tops in my book, keep up the good work.

I was supposed to hit Champlain with two friends Tuesday and Wednesday, have to cancell, family obligations. Have to meet grandkids off school bus this week, nobody else can do it except the "retired guy" and I'm too burnt out from Squam's lack of fish, need a few days off.

Good luck to you and all the web site folks that will fish the LCI.

Big John

Good goin'! Nice fish.

Salty

Sweeeeeeeet!

You two are always in the hunt!

Nice Job Roland & Lead Core Lena!!! It was a fun weekend. We ended up getting 42 in but nothing even close to that.

Popeye

Great Job Roland and Lena. Nice Fish.

Nice looking pair!!! Great work!