Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Wed Night Squam Rookie Report

I've caught a number of bass and pickerel on Squam as deep as 40 feet in past few weeks. Seems they are following the bait deeper as well as the Bows and salmon. Keep moving around, the bass seem to be in pockets, at least from what I've seen.

In case your interested, I have a Walker Tournament series rigger that I am thinking of selling for 300. that has very few hours on it. I bought a pair of them new in the middle of last summer for 459.00 each, and really like them. I just picked up one of the Cannon Digitrols and only have room for two on the boat, so will part with one for now. Might let the other go a little later if I get another Digitrol. I keep my boat on Squam, so if you are interested, shoot me an email, and you could come take a look at it. I'm fishing most of the next 12 days after tomorrow.

I was out there last night, but didn't see you. I only got a LDR, and brought it half ways.
Fished also Wed. AM. Finally got a nice Bow, but had to keep it. It completely swallowed my lure. (Top gun black tape on one side) This has been my most productive lure this year. The only lure that has worked.

Louis

Thanks guys, I found it promising to at least be catching fish as I assume at least that my presentation and speed were about right. The same thing has happened to me on Winni. That is, I'll catch a few bass before a salmon, same technique but different spot. I'll keep at it and give you a call John. Also, thanks for the DR offer but I'm going to pass at this time and do my research. Finally, what is an LDR? From reading the board, I assume it is the 'one that got away' but appreciate the acronym defined for the newbies.

HammerFish
Thanks guys, I found it promising to at least be catching fish as I assume at least that my presentation and speed were about right. The same thing has happened to me on Winni. That is, I'll catch a few bass before a salmon, same technique but different spot. I'll keep at it and give you a call John. Also, thanks for the DR offer but I'm going to pass at this time and do my research. Finally, what is an LDR? From reading the board, I assume it is the 'one that got away' but appreciate the acronym defined for the newbies.

LONG DISTANCE RELEASE

Don't let Squam frustrate you. That lake is an equal opportunity purveyor of skunks. Or as John likes to say... getting SQUAMED.

Tight Lines!