Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fri, Sat and Sun late report

Friday was slow day with one small rainbow and one 2 year old salmon. fishing 25 to 38 feet on riggers and 5 to 7 colors lead. Both fish came on riggers with no hook damage and released in great shape. Rangley top gun spoon and a pumkin head fly. Sat, nothing to report except two ldr's and no fish..LOL Sun started off real slow but then a three year old salmon football that put up a great battle for my son-in-law. One shaker released carefully and then one of the lead rods doubled up. Could not budge the rod and was wondering what was up. Then after a few minutes the rod started pumping and the battle was on. I thought it to be a laker as no jumping and the fish stayed deep. Still refused to be brought up and afer maybe 15 or 20 minutes came to the surface close to the boat. finally netted, it was my best salmon. I never saw one so fat, we made a quick measurement at 22 inches. We carefully placed the salmon back in the lake, just too beautiful to keep. She took a pumpkin head fly ( AJ's) on 5 colors. As luck would have it I forgot the camera and will never do that again.LOL...Tight lines and good fishing...Doc

Re: Fri, Sat and Sun late report

Wow Doc, a great picture and no camera-bummer. Well maybe next time she bites your hook she'll be 24" and you will have your camera.
Good to hear you're back on the pond.
Cal

Thanks Cal, not going to get the fishing time I would like this summer, but that big salmon will make it better...Doc

Fri Night:

last hour before Dark.

3 salmon, all at 3 lbs to 3 1/4 pound.

all at 32-36 feet, fishing around an island with 90 ft deep.

2 on riggers, one on lead at 8 colors (32 feet).

2 on db smelt, both orange and black.
1 on, cant say its my secret lure... hint is very old, known as an ice fishing lure.