Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Downrigger Help

i googled roemer a little while back and i think the company resurfaced

I've used them all, Round ones, Fish type Balls, Panckaes, and others, right now I use G2 Jig Balls and they have their own release, neat set up.

Prior to that for releases I've used Blacks and Roemers and Chamberlain,etc. I think the Chamberlain are the best hands down. With the Chamberlains I used the Scotty pinch pads fot stacking, super set up, but Chamberlain now has a stacker too, I saw them at the Gathering and they look super.

If you stick with traditional downrigger balls, make sure you use attractors/blades, I highly recomend the Dave Davis 48" horizontal blades, AJ has em.

Good luck cranking them manuals up and down, ugh. You will find plenty of electric on here for sale as guys upgrade to Digitrol IV's etc. Stay off Squam with manuals, Old Fisherman uses them still and hasn't lost a ball in 50 years, has a bult in sonar/gps in his head.

Welcome to the world of trollers.

Big John

Thanks guys.
I will just have to make a decision and go with it. Once a get a larger boat maybe some electronic riggers are in the picture but this will do wonders for the tin can for now.

Shea-

Does anybody have any used balls or other weights?

I might have a couple I could part with. Also have some new Roamers to sell. e-mail me if interested. Cal P.