Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Sat. Morning report

Thanks for the line advice John, I've read many positive comments on the Seagar lines so I'll try it next (I use Vanish fluoro now) . I've only lost a couple due to actual breaks and one may have been a sloppy knot unraveling and the one just recently may have dragged across the downrigger cable or blades as it had some abrasion (teeth?) on the stub. Lately, have had some heavy fish on but they seem to shake off when the battle comes to a standstill, so maybe lighter drag and more patience is the key.

Re: Sat. Morning report

Let em run as much as they want, they can't get into much trouble like a Bass can if you don't hog it right into the boat.

I like real light action rods and let the rod do the work, it's great line but expensive. However I've only used it a month or so, could change my mind, but it seems like super stuff..

I had a knot break like nothing when testing a knot I had just tied with it once, re-tied and it was no problem. Not sure why, but that happens now nand then with any line, maybe it's me, I do wet the line before I snug it up.

Never hurts to give a new knot a few tugs.

Heading up tomorrow morning for the weekend, I hope B Man is right and the storms turned the fish on some, maybe oxygenated the water or something. I haven't fished

Big John