Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lowrance Insight USA Mapping

X19 marked its last fish just before vacation....Ordered a new HDS7 with insight USA HD mapping...Anyone got this mapping and how the heck is it???

Popeye

Re: Lowrance Insight USA Mapping

Hey Popeye, I have a seen it and it is pretty good. I have the Fish N Chip that has the Champlain map on it and I think that the Insight is just as good if not better for Champlain. I don't even have a chip for Winni so I am unsure...

Good Luck! You won't be upset with the HDS!

Cody

Thanks Cody...I will no doubt try it out on Champ next week-end.
I see you haulin' up Sem Hill this morning. Where did you go fishin'?

Popeye

Picked up my cousin and his buddy.

Fished Champ last night and this morning.

Tough bite with 12-15 shakers, a few small browns 22 decent salmon and one nice laker -7.5lbs

Sutton 61 spoons 62-75' on the riggers. No luck on the Core. Fished north Valcour/Stave area.

Good luck! Let me know how you hit em up there!

Sounds like you had a great day. Will be down out of Lewis Creek, both VT and NY sides, so would be the plan.

Popeye

I have the HDS8, the Insight USA Mapping gives a great 3D bottom contour for the Ocean and some Inland Lakes, but you will still need the Navionics Chip for mapping on Winni, Sunapee, Newfi. etc. I've had the unit for two years now and I added the Broadband Radar and I haven't had any problems with either.

Charlie

Charlie's Catch
I have the HDS8, the Insight USA Mapping gives a great 3D bottom contour for the Ocean and some Inland Lakes, but you will still need the Navionics Chip for mapping on Winni, Sunapee, Newfi. etc. I've had the unit for two years now and I added the Broadband Radar and I haven't had any problems with either.

Charlie

Charlie, you electronic buffs make me sick, ha,ha. I'd need to go to school to learn all that stuff, but I'm doing OK with the Blackberry I never thought I'd even buy one.

Big John

Hey CC,
How do you get it off bottom track?

Popeye