Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Good people to do business with

Trav, look for my post below, I have had allot of issues with the 4#, not going to use it anymore. Some of the issues may have been self inflicted, but when 3 different people had issues tying knots, etc. with the same spool of 4# on my boat I had to beleive mine was defective or not good to be used as leader.

Starting fresh this week with all new line on all my set-ups, will use 10# Tatsu main line and 6# Seaguar Fluro "leader material" for my leaders..

I'm really happy to hear it seems Winni has made a huge turaround, I hope the nets bear out everyones findings. I think the Derby should take another year off and look at things again and also get F and G views on a fall Derby, sounds interesting and may not be anywhere near as harmful as the Spring Derby. But I doubt fall Derby would get the intrest and participation as an early spring Derby when everyones itchy to fish.

By the way, did you get the photos I sent for bragging board I have a few more but I figured I'd wait til you got he first ones up ???? Too bad folks can't post their own Bragging Board photos so you didn't have to mess with it, can you check out that possiblility ???

Big John

John Sampson
Lookin for Tatsu, all the local places and Cabelas, etc. were sold out.

So I searched the web for what I needed and I found http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/ (in California) they had what I needed, same price as Bass Pro Shop/Cabelas but free same day shipping. If in a rush, next day shipping cost is 10.00, no matter what you are buying, I think 2 days is 5.00.

So if you can't find what you need locally, give these guys a call.

Big John

BTW, looked at that web site again, not much we can use from them, mostly Bass stuff, but there are a few items we all use, terminal tackle, line, maybe some rods, etc. Can't beat free shipping and 10.00 next day, 5:00 2nd day however.

Maybe that have more stuff, so if you have a need and can't get it locally, give them a call anyhow, they may have it or can get it drop shipped to you ???

Big John

John,
Looks like free shipping is on orders of over $50.00.

Louis

The old fisherman
John,
Looks like free shipping is on orders of over $50.00.

Louis

Didn't notice that, very rare I get off for less than that anyhow, I always figure if I'm going to pay shipping to make it worth my while. But stupidly I saw something else this morning I want to try and will send in another order, also over 50.000, ha,ha.

How's the fishing we did very good last week on Saturday, Sunday I should have stayed in bed, ugh.

One out of two aint bad though.

Big John

Does anybody have a place they like to order BB guns and top gun lures from online? I would like to order some of these as they seem to be extremely popular on this site.

Thanks for your help.

Find AJ's Tackle under lake (?) links on this site's home page. Look at his color assortment, than give him a call. I bet he will ship them to you with a CC #. I doubt anyone carries the assortment he does. If you don't see BB guns on there, (I'm not sure). He has BB's in most of the top Gun colors.
Richard

So these are local lures not really available elsewhere? I had a tought time finding DB smelt lures too.

Joe you should really just go to AJ's buy one of everything(your going to do it anyway) then you'll have an excuse to buy more tackle boxes then more lures,and on and on it's a disease.

If I had the money I would probly do that but I am trying to slowly aquire my collection as to not alarm the wife:)

I agree, go to AJ's, but buy two of whatever you think will work. That way if one is hot, you also put the other one on, or if you lose one (large fish breaks your line) you can put the other one on.

Louis

PS. John usually buys four of each.