Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Navionics Maps

I use the Gold? (which I think they call Premium now) 2008 version of the East Region Lakes. It's my first map set so I can't really compare it to anything but it seems very accurate for Winnipesaukee so far (2 years trolling and ice fishing). Just a couple areas that don't quite match up with sonar, sounder readings but they're not way off and the bottom might be throwing it off. There is a small distinct mound (maybe 25 yds across) marked on the map off Welch's Island which I thought might produce some lakers but no how many times I go over it, it's just not there. Other than that I think the Winni map is good. I go thru the Graves channel, 75 yds +/- wide, many times before sunup and the GPS is always right on, no missing or dinged props. I have a Lowrance 522c gps/sonar.

I think I will bite on this one. Maybe it will make my trips to squam less fustrating. Thanks for all the input. There goes another few hundred bucks:)

One trip to Squam without it could cost you allot more than 200.00.

On a Lowrance you can set it for safety contoures of a ceratian depth. Blue or white, white being deeper than 30' or the other setting is 15', again white being 15 feet or more. I have found it to be very accurate, except there are a few humps that come up to 32 to 38 feet that are not marked as such, no problem of course if you are not down that deep. What I do is when I find one of those humps I mark it with skull and crossbones, I think got em all that are important marked as such in a couple of weeks

John Sampson
One trip to Squam without it could cost you allot more than 200.00.

On a Lowrance you can set it for safety contoures of a ceratian depth. Blue or white, white being deeper than 30' or the other setting is 15', again white being 15 feet or more. I have found it to be very accurate, except there are a few humps that come up to 32 to 38 feet that are not marked as such, no problem of course if you are not down that deep. What I do is when I find one of those humps I mark it with skull and crossbones, I think got em all that are important marked as such in a couple of weeks

My thoughts exactly John. I really liked squam outside of the fact it is like rolling hills under water. I may return sooner than later once this arrives.

Give me a shout, I'm there most every weekend, sometimes Fridays too, 5:00 AM to noon (+or-) rain or shine, Channel 11.

Big John