Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Squam 3 day report

Good report, John. Sorry to hear about the fried rigger. Ouch. Hopefully Cannon can turn that back around to you quickly. If not, tell them to include you on there pro staff and send you a 2011 digi-troll to test against the Squam Gods.

Don't sell all your spoons. Next year the streamers could go silent and spoons will be in favor again. :-)

Tom (from Michigan)
Good report, John. Sorry to hear about the fried rigger. Ouch. Hopefully Cannon can turn that back around to you quickly. If not, tell them to include you on there pro staff and send you a 2011 digi-troll to test against the Squam Gods.

Don't sell all your spoons. Next year the streamers could go silent and spoons will be in favor again. :-)

I know which spoons to keep, too bad they all can't am be trolled over 2.4, etc.

Sent it to Fish307 in NY, Jeff said in and out same day most Cannon repairs, Cannon was 2 week backlog.

It was my own dumb move, should have thought out the consequences better, but made sense at the monent, lol.

Big John

ive had good experiences with Fish307. can you set the drags lighter with the cannons.

Fish 307 is the BEST!!

Salty

last winter i wanted a nils hand auger, all they had was the 8 inch hand auger version that came with the powerhead, they sold me just the auger and handle knowing that nils wouldnt be getting the new auger blades in til this fall. they could have just waited and sold the whole unit as they were getting tough to find. wish they made that auger blade in a ten inch, things incredible, my big jiffies stay at home now

fishlessman
ive had good experiences with Fish307. can you set the drags lighter with the cannons.

I've dealt with Jeff at Fish307 for quite a few years, good guy, go above and beyond to give customer satisfaction. He once sent me a dozen or more Suttons the wrong size, I called him and he told me to keep them and he sent me out the correct ones, n/c. Good people in my book.

Can do most anything with a Digitrol IV, I just neglected to do it right,lol. First mistake was to set it to stay 30 feet off the bottom, can't do it in 22 feet of water, it just kept trying to come up, if I had the clutch set looser it would have been OK, I think, even with my careless 30 foot setting. All this quick (stupid)thinking was to save me from loosing a 5.00 streamer now and then, now who knows how much it will be to repair it, oh well.

Only problem I ever had with Fish307 was a few times I asked for next day delivery and they didn't do it, Jeff figured it would be here next day with standard ground anyhow because we are close. I called him and told him I appreciated him trying to save me money, but UPS comes here late in the day and I wanted to leave early the next day to the lake. Now if I say NEXT DAY, it's here before I leave and I pay the price.

I like patronizing the local guys and do, but somtimes you need to go elsewhere. I would have sent the rigger to Peter at Cannon, great guy, but he said he had a 2 week back log. Fish307 said they can have it out the same day. I asked Peter what he thought and he said Fish307 is good and to send it there.

Good people everywhere I guess, finding them sometimes aint so easy though.

Big John

I have also gotten some gear from fish 307. Fun place to go walk around!

Thanks for the report John!

Good luck with the rigger!

-Cody

Thanks Cody, I've never been there, but they are very good in a pinch. I have no fear it will be fixed well and maybe back by Friday ????

Big John