Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: help fishing squam lake

I have not been on the lake since May, but we got into some smallies out between Birch Island and Loon/Little Loon Islands. They might be deeper now?

I've never caught any largemouth in Squam, but I did see a guy catch a 5 pounder while I was fueling up at Squam Livery. He caught it right off the dock in the channel. You can't fish the channel from a boat though. I've been told that Squaw Cove might hold some largemouth. Maybe Rattlesnake Cove too? Good luck.

I'm not a bass fisherman, but they have caught some nice bass at the point between Cotton Cove and Glen Cove (Kesumpe Cove).
The bass are in deeper waters, and I see Bass fisherman in deeper water. Also saw some off Birch. Try the area that was mentioned above.

Louis

Try Cotton Cove in Little Squam too and Squam River. There are a few Tournements that release in Cotton Cove after the weigh in, one was a few weeks ago..

Big John

get all set up for salmon fishing (6-9 colors, 32-45' on the riggers) use all the usual salmon spoons and troll between 2.2 and 2.8 and you should get into the bass and maybe catch an occasional salmon or rainbow. Works for us and we aren't even trying for bass!!!!

ilucas
get all set up for salmon fishing (6-9 colors, 32-45' on the riggers) use all the usual salmon spoons and troll between 2.2 and 2.8 and you should get into the bass and maybe catch an occasional salmon or rainbow. Works for us and we aren't even trying for bass!!!!

True, True, True, one day earlier this month we caught more Bass in a single day than over 20 years on the Lake, most of those years spent Bass fishing, they averaged 2.5 to 3.5 pounds, no little ones??????????

Then you have a day when no Bass at all, other days a mix of everything, steady action with Salmon maybe thrown in the mix.

Many days I look at my maps of the lake (Navionics) and I say what a piece of cake Bass fishing would be with this map, but then I come back to reality and there is no piece of cake when targeting "any species" in Squam, ha,ha..

Big John

Tournaments release a lot of bass in Cotton Cove, and we also find a large number of dead bass after any bass tournaments.

Louis

whiny biatchhh

What's a "biatchhh"??? New fly or spoon???
BARRY