Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
From UL: Person found after falling through ice on Lake Nubanusit

HANCOCK – A 36-year-old man was under water for one hour after falling through ice Friday night while snowmobiling on Nubanusit Lake, according to Maj. Kevin J. Jordan of the New Hampshire Fish and Game Department.

Jordan said the man, whose name was not available, was taken to Monadnock Community Hospital in Peterborough.

“Because it was a cold-water incident, you attempt resuscitation for a longer period of time,” Jordan said.

Jordan said the man was among four men who went through the ice at about 5 p.m. Friday as they were preparing to leave the lake after ice fishing. The three others crawled out of the ice before rescue crews arrived.

Re: From AP Update

HANCOCK, N.H.—An ice fisherman has died after a snowmobile he was riding fell through the ice on Lake Nubanusit in Hancock.

The New Hampshire Fish and Game Department said emergency workers received a call from John Krieger of Milford about 5 p.m. who said his three companions fell through the ice while heading home on snowmobiles and one of them remained missing.

Divers found 35-year-old Willie Miles and got him out of the water about 7:20 p.m., but were not able to revive him.

Miles had told his friends that he couldn't swim.

Got to be carefull.Mac and I have been fishing the nelson end since 1/1 there is 10 inches of ice everywhere on the nelson end.The hancock end ALWAYS freezes later and can have ice 10 inches in one spot and 2 in another.We will move to that end later in the year.When the ice is better.Couple of years back 2 trucks and a tow truck went to the bottom.I think they have closed it to trucks after that.We have been catching a few lakers,no rainbows or salmon yet.Mac has pictures of this weekend I will let him post pictures.Good luck to all and be carefull B-man

Thankx for the Nubi. update B-Man. Havn,t fished there for awhile, but Nubi. was one of my favorite hardwater lakes. Cal P.