Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Etac-2 stroke-4 stroke

Hey John,

You may want to check out this website:
www.thehulltruth.com

I have seen them battle out this question many times. Typically the bottom line is that they are both very good. You should go with whichever one has great service available in your proximity.

if i was striclty in the salt i would want two motors back there. was always happy with my big 2 stroke 115 merc, its a 91 with alot of hours, my kicker is a 4 stroke, nice quiet, not as quiet as the new ones but my only gripe is oil changes, it needs to come off the boat around july for an oil change. 2 is better than one, wouldnt phase me either way 2 or 4 stroke, with the salt i never needed to idle way down like on the lakes

I put an etec on the turd last year.4 stroke weight scared me since I was already fat in the ass.The etec is 4 stroke quiet,light and you only get a wisp of smell if the wind is right.I have to throw a sock out to troll,but I can also tell you I am 120% happy with it.I have gone over a hundred nautical miles on a 36 gallon tank and still been half full back at port.Old smokie would have run out 30 miles from port lol.
oh I also use the synthetic for the 100 to 1 fuel mixture.polebreaker

Dave P.
I put an etec on the turd last year.4 stroke weight scared me since I was already fat in the ass.The etec is 4 stroke quiet,light and you only get a wisp of smell if the wind is right.I have to throw a sock out to troll,but I can also tell you I am 120% happy with it.I have gone over a hundred nautical miles on a 36 gallon tank and still been half full back at port.Old smokie would have run out 30 miles from port lol.
oh I also use the synthetic for the 100 to 1 fuel mixture.polebreaker

Thanks for the advice guys, so now I know about the 2 vs 4 stoke controversy, lets say engine type wont influence my decision now. Interesting that the 2 strokes get that better milage, definateley a consideration these days.

But the boat still eludes me, might have to go new, I was looking at a nice one and that one was also sold before I could pull the trigger.

Talked with Forry (remember him) today, he is recovering well from back surgery, he sat in his new boat today in his garage for a while, wishin it was spring.

Big John