Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Retiring is Good

Solo on Toleman Pond in Nelson last week, 3 bites first hour then 0. 16" bass 16" pickeral, 14" crappie. Next trip.
Thorndike PD. in Jaffery, good day on the ice 22 fish.
All fish from both days eaten.
Todays recipe, dunk fillets in honey mustad, roll in spiced bread grumbs, fry. Enjoy with adult beverage!
Go again soon to catch more, fresh fillets.
Maybe Mac will post my pics, cause he luvs me. W-Fat

Re: Retiring is Good with pics

Photobucket

Photobucket

Hey Mac,

That's one of the best two photos I've ever seen on this web site, good shots and set up. Maybe they will have the photo contest again this year, you gor my vote.

Big John

looks like the good life

Re: Retiring is Good

I grew up in Jaffrey but never fished Thorndike...swam there a lot and worked at the State park for years but never fished the pond.

Where did you find access? By the camp at the far end or from the public beach? I heard there is a ramp by the camp but I didn't want to take the hour and a half drive over only to find the ramp is more of a car-topper ramp.

W-fat did it all...even took his own pic's I just posted them for him. I mentioned to him that with all his free time he should learn to post pic's!

Theres a rough ramp, by the boys camp N.E. end.
Some parking now, & can get on with 4 wheeler.
Not much fishing pressure this time of year.
TnT W-Fat

thanks W....I imagine if that ramp is for town residents only as mentioned on the Fish and Game Bathy maps page, then fishing pressure is never very high on Thorndike.

Re: Retiring is Good - not so good for the new toy!

Yuck!

Photobucket

Re: Retiring is Good - not so good for the new toy!

I found a soft spot. Fishing was slow at Surry Dam
6 pickerel, 1 perch, 15" bass.
A couple silver bullets getting unstuck.
TnT W-Fat