Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Winni Ice Fishing Report

I had the day off on Monday for the holiday so I decided to take a ride up to the big lake. This was my first ice fishing excursion to Winnipesaukee this season. I brought my trusty GPS with navionics and my lowrance ice fishfinder. I was feeling good, stopped by AJs and bought a dozen smelt and a medium sized sucker. Headed out to Leavitts beach and I was on the ice at about 1:30 in the afternoon. I know I was a little late but it was snowing in the morning and I didn't want to drive in it. Thought I would catch the afternoon bite. I found a promising spot that was a sunken island that went from 5' deep down to 50' deep in a span of 200 feet. I drilled a number of holes all along that ridge and tried my tip up and jigged in every hole. What did I get for all this effort you might ask? Nothing. Not a single bite or flag. Never even saw anything on my fishfinder. Due to the short amount of time that I had I did not try moving to another different spot although I would have liked to. It was a windy cold day but sunny and nice to be out. Hopefully I will be able to redeem myself before the end of the ice season.