Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: thinking spring...upgrade

You sold it to me and brought it to "The Gathering".
Still works fine.
Cal

White Cap
You sold it to me and brought it to "The Gathering".
Still works fine.
Cal

It's all coming back to me now, ha,ha.

Believe it or not I have nothing to sell out of my garage this year and even stranger nothing needed to buy, except a new boat for the south.

BTW buyers beware, Craigslist has a person running a scam on Pontoon boats, maybe others too. It caught me twice, once while in Flotida this winter and another time ysterday. I advertises a nice boat at a very low price, pictures and all. Gives a sob story why it's being sold at such a low price, etc. After you get hooked and look into it he/she states that the boat is in E Bays wharehouse and is in the buyer protection program to protect both the buyer and seller.

You follow a link to what is supposed to be an E Bay link, looks genuine, he/she tells you to use the "buy me now feature" and make 50% deposit to E Bay to "the link shown". Then the boat will be delivered to you for your approval, if you don't like it you wil get a full refund and they will pay the shipping back to Atlanta or Vegas, wherever it may be coming from, of course at their charge.

All this for a boat worth 15,000 to 20,000 being sold for about 5000.00, with a new trailer of course.

AT FIRST IT LOOKS LIKE A GREAT DEAL, BUT ONCE YOU GET INTO IT A BIT, IT'S VERY OBVIOUS IT'S A SCAM, I WENT FOR IT TWICE BUT THE SECIND TIME IT ONLY TOOK A FEW MINUTES TO FIGURE IT OUT.

I played with the guy all afternoon acting like a real livce one and eventualy told him the link wouldn't open and I was looking at another boat. He was begging me to keep trying to open the link, try another computer, etc.

I hope he didn't find some poor person to conclude a deal with him.

Buyer beware of a deal that looks too good to be true.

Big John

What I would do is contact Craigslist & Ebay about the situation...
My experiance has been that Craigslist is full of scammers and I have gotten alot of strange emails when I sold stuff; however Ebay is alot more secure and no trouble as I have bought and sold alot there... Ebay has a fraud department so it's worth emailing them and informing them..

It looks like a late ice-out this year unless March turns very warm...

J.R.
What I would do is contact Craigslist & Ebay about the situation...
My experiance has been that Craigslist is full of scammers and I have gotten alot of strange emails when I sold stuff; however Ebay is alot more secure and no trouble as I have bought and sold alot there... Ebay has a fraud department so it's worth emailing them and informing them..

It looks like a late ice-out this year unless March turns very warm...

Seems to me with an early ice out the fishing is slower than with a normal ice out, but only my opinion ?

I think you can reach Obama easier than you can E Bay ?

Big John

the way this winter has been: i'll be happy if
ice-out occurs at all...

I don't know about late ice out. Temps may push 60 on Sunday with good rain coming in. Plus the heavy snows came before much solid black ice formed. While we have lots of ice, most of it is frozen slush (over half). It could happen fast we a warm stretch, rain and wind. It's a bit early to predict ice out but I'm guessing mid-April...the 17th (you read it here first).

Just think, in less than a month, you could legally be dragging lines!!!!

MikeF-NH
I don't know about late ice out. Temps may push 60 on Sunday with good rain coming in. Plus the heavy snows came before much solid black ice formed. While we have lots of ice, most of it is frozen slush (over half). It could happen fast we a warm stretch, rain and wind. It's a bit early to predict ice out but I'm guessing mid-April...the 17th (you read it here first).

Just think, in less than a month, you could legally be dragging lines!!!!

After this winter,I'd like an early ice out but it,s not going to happen.So with that said we will have the boat ready for april 1st and hope for open water fishing on the 16th.For now we will kill time by going to the Boston boat show and dream......polebreaker