Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Charter Recommendation

Some info to plan your fishing trip.
Florida Sportsman

Check out www.coastalanglermagazine.com click on the area of Florida you want.

http://www.captrichknox.com/ gets you on the fish Tarpon his thing

Tarpon are spotty right now.Inshore and back country are wild,plenty to catch,lots of species.

White Cap
Anyone have a Charter recommendation for the Naples, Florida area.
Will be there next week to visit my brother and want to go fishing.
Thanks.
Cal

In Naples by Tin City and right across from it are allot of bottom fishing charters, short money, maybe 6 or 8 people aboard.

Best bet I found for backwater fishing was on Marco Island. Go to Marco River Marina, snap to find, go over the bridge to Marco, at first light take a right onto North Barfield Dr. (go right by our place) go to the end and take a right onto Bald Eagle Drive, take a fairly quick right into 952 Bald Eagle into the Marina.

Best guy is Keith Thompson on the Miss Kim, if yu can get him, 239-455-5007, always booked. If you call his number and he has an opening you are in luck, if not he will recomnend probably Sunshine Tours and you get 100.00 discount I believe. Ask for Jim from Maine at Sunshine, I went out with him, good guy and guide..

I went out with Sunshine place twice, once a private (with Maine guy) and the other with 3 other people. They will put you with others if you want to get the price down. One guide is from Maine, great guy and good guide. Or you can go out on their backwater party boat 4 or 5 people. They will also hook you up with others to get the cost down.

Not sure I would waste my time offshore, plenty of action in the backwaters and nearshore and I believe the bigger fish have moved in.

Or try another one in the same Marina, Six Chuter Charters, fish@sixchutercharters.com, they are pricey (they all are) no discounts with them, but I was told the best guy on Marco is with them, ask for Captain Steve.

Come down next year, I'll be there and come out with me, I'm cheap, same as I charge on Squam, ha,ha.

Big John
Who wishes he was going back now.