Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
fin clip again, ugh

Todays cancelled fin clip event due to weather has kind of screwed up the guys/gals we had lined up.

We are desperate for 1 person tomorrow and 1 person Thursday, Wednesday we are good. If they have to go into Friday we will need 2 or 3 more.

Call me 508-277-8899, reply here or e mail me please.

Thanks

Big John

Re: fin clip again, ugh

john sampson
Todays cancelled fin clip event due to weather has kind of screwed up the guys/gals we had lined up.

We are desperate for 1 person tomorrow and 1 person Thursday, Wednesday we are good. If they have to go into Friday we will need 2 or 3 more.

Call me 508-277-8899, reply here or e mail me please.

Thanks

Big John

Hats off to the volunteers that showed up today and F and G biologist and employees. We did good today, finishing 6 of the 10 raceways, with a decent crew, should finish tomorrow, we did 30,000 of the 50,000 Salmon to be done..

They look good, bigger than last years by a little, but overall much better size, they are shooting for 10 to a pound by May when they will be stocked, which is ideal, of course the bigger the better.

Still need allot of help tomorrow, anyone that can come please do, anyone that was planning on Thursday or Friday if you can come tomorrow (Wednesday) please do.

Should be a short day and more enjoyable day than today, it rained most of the day today, brrrrrrrrrr.

No Thursday, thanks anyhow.

it was a damp cold day but a fun time with alot of great people... my back is sore and hand is "fin clipped out".
as john said F & G needs volunteers tomorrow around 9 at Power Mill Hatchery.. the fin clipping will be completed tomorrow.

should of used J.R. my initials

It was a much nicer day today. (I wasn't there yesterday) Got the rest of the salmons cliped today. They look great and hope they survive the chalenge in the lakes.

Louis

The old fisherman
It was a much nicer day today. (I wasn't there yesterday) Got the rest of the salmons cliped today. They look great and hope they survive the chalenge in the lakes.

Louis

Glad you could make it Lou, thanks for helping out. It gets harder every year getting people to step up, but somehow enough guys show up to get it done. Fish and Game could do it themselves, but it's a big job, we are lucky they give us an oppertunity to handle and check out nearly every Salmon that will be stocked each year. Mac called me and told me it went well too, he plans to post some photos too.

Thanks again,

Big John

Re: fin clip again, ugh...photos

Good time had by all, weather was nice and as always interesting conversations on fishing. The salmon look very good and should give us some good battles in the near future.

Mac

Here is the clipping station and the crew.

Photobucket

Little guys waiting there turn.

Photobucket

Close up

Photobucket