Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lake trolls verticle or Horizontal ????????

Do we all use lake trolls? what do you perfer horizontal (what length, color and size)? Verticle (length, color, and size)? Or do you use them together? How far back do you put your bait from them? Do you even use them?

Re: Lake trolls verticle or Horizontal ????????

i like to use both, problem with the verticals is when one breaks you lose it all. last year i switched mostly to the jiggers, didnt use the flashers as much. salmon seem to follow anything, even those big rubber mackeral attractors people use for tuna.. hahaha

I like the horizontal's, the vertical's are to much of a hassle when I'm fishing alone. I don't like stacking that far up from the ball. I run one on one side and a 12" flasher on the other. Blue/Silver is what I like. I vary the set-back further away in shallow water, and closer in deeper water.

I always considered flashers something used more in deep water summer fishing than in Spring shallow trolling techniques. Since most try to only keep the lure 3-5 feet back from the flasher so the lure looks like a baitfish just back from the school, I thought this would be too close to the boat if you are only running the lure 2-10 ft deep.

Is this how some of you run these in the spring or do most not run flashers in the spring?

i dont run the flashers in spring, but last year i watched 3 salmon fight over the orange release clip on my g2 jigger board. i think if you dropped the blades back about 20 feet and fished above them maybe 5 to 10 feet down it would be similar to fishing the propwash

Flasher's put more action on your spoons, cheap version of the G2. I use them almost all the time.

I've been using Spin Dr's for a couple years with some success.