Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Lake trolls verticle or Horizontal ????????

i like to use both, problem with the verticals is when one breaks you lose it all. last year i switched mostly to the jiggers, didnt use the flashers as much. salmon seem to follow anything, even those big rubber mackeral attractors people use for tuna.. hahaha

I like the horizontal's, the vertical's are to much of a hassle when I'm fishing alone. I don't like stacking that far up from the ball. I run one on one side and a 12" flasher on the other. Blue/Silver is what I like. I vary the set-back further away in shallow water, and closer in deeper water.

I always considered flashers something used more in deep water summer fishing than in Spring shallow trolling techniques. Since most try to only keep the lure 3-5 feet back from the flasher so the lure looks like a baitfish just back from the school, I thought this would be too close to the boat if you are only running the lure 2-10 ft deep.

Is this how some of you run these in the spring or do most not run flashers in the spring?

i dont run the flashers in spring, but last year i watched 3 salmon fight over the orange release clip on my g2 jigger board. i think if you dropped the blades back about 20 feet and fished above them maybe 5 to 10 feet down it would be similar to fishing the propwash

Flasher's put more action on your spoons, cheap version of the G2. I use them almost all the time.

I've been using Spin Dr's for a couple years with some success.