Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Live fish Page 8 of the 2011 Digest

im surprised they finally put that in, people want big fish in the lake, culling would not help that. in maine last year we had a ten pound laker dragging off the back of the boat, in my mind thats a dead fish even though its still kicking a little, game warden kicked up a storm, was nice enough and let us slice the throat and not give us a ticket, but we got a strong warning.

Glad I read your posting I guess I would be paying a little extra to F&G this year if I got lucky and caught some fish! We always kept them in the live well until we headed in for the day. We would only keep what we were going to cook that evening. So I guess our live wells are now called ice boxes! Guess I better read the book closer to see if there are anymore surprises in stor for us.

I used to run horizontal blades, Dave Davis lake trolls and Jims trolls, but now all I use is G2 Balls, no need to use blades.

When I did use them, I ran my spoon, 3 or 4 feet behind and above, they do attract fish.

Big John

I'm new at downrigger fishing. Please excuse my stupid question but what are G2 balls? I plan on using 8lb coated balls. Anyone?? Thanx, SNIKE

G2 balls have a prop that turns and pulls the release in and out about three feet giving the spoon or fly a jigging motion. Can be seen on cut2spec website. Cal P.