Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Rod holder suggestions

You will not go wrong with the Down East clamp on. Depending on your boat you may have a problem finding a place to clamp on. I have to use the frame of the windshield.

They also make a bolt on version, which is also excellent.

Good Luck.

You won't go wrong with the Down East. They are metal and virtually indestructible. I used clamp-ons on my 14' aluminum for years with no problems. When I
moved up to a bigger boat I installed 4 bolt-ons,
which have worked flawlessly for the past 10 years.

Down East are the best! clamp on's or ifyou need to mount a hardwood block to the gunnel to put the rod holder on. They are excellent for fly rods.

the down east ones are the only ones i like for a fly reel. of their lineup, the two clamp version called salty allows for bigger rod diameters, thasts the one i use. oil the threads once a year on the clamps and they last forever

Looks like 5 out of six that's pretty goods stats I'd go with the majority.just my opinion

forry
Looks like 5 out of six that's pretty goods stats I'd go with the majority.just my opinion

ive got 4 on the back, 2 on the rod pumpers, and another on the roof for the planer board or g2 jigger, and i need more. maybe not pretty, i think this was hurricane hannah ;)

I have used the downease and they are nice... but i think I favor the tite lok's. Cabela's has them clamp on and bolt on...i have gunwales that are 6 inches wide so I will be bolting mine on....

Dennis

Dennis Swan
I have used the downease and they are nice... but i think I favor the tite lok's. Cabela's has them clamp on and bolt on...i have gunwales that are 6 inches wide so I will be bolting mine on....

Dennis

they work, but not for flyrods

i have the LL Bean fly rods that have a butt....
your right they wouldn't work for regular fly rods....
thanks.

D.