Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ice Conditions

Should be a lot of open water this weekend, as there are large areas of very black rotten ice. The wind is blowing quite strong as I write.

Wolfeboro bay is nearly a third open, with the ice moving. Four boats in the bay this afternoon.

Crawfish

Re: Ice Conditions

Crawfish
Should be a lot of open water this weekend, as there are large areas of very black rotten ice. The wind is blowing quite strong as I write.

Wolfeboro bay is nearly a third open, with the ice moving. Four boats in the bay this afternoon.

Crawfish

Whoever goes out this weekend, check the winds current and forcast real well, so you have a good idea which way it will flow. Make sure you will be able to get back in. I had a few close calls, clear channel in the morning and blocked by afternoon.

Big John

I hear ya John. I was out early last year out of West Alton marina and we were wide open out to Rattlesnake and only saw ice sheets at the mouth of Alton Bay. Coming back in, those sheets made a b-line to the entrance of the marina. We snuck in along the shoreline in 2 feet of water as the ice closed in. A nice trophy was right behind us...don't know how they made it...I'm sure they were scratching bottom.

MikeF-NH
I hear ya John. I was out early last year out of West Alton marina and we were wide open out to Rattlesnake and only saw ice sheets at the mouth of Alton Bay. Coming back in, those sheets made a b-line to the entrance of the marina. We snuck in along the shoreline in 2 feet of water as the ice closed in. A nice trophy was right behind us...don't know how they made it...I'm sure they were scratching bottom.

Yep, it's tough to be at the mercy of Mother Nature, but I've been that way all my life, in work or play.

Big John