Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Fishing Winni Friday.... any suggestions as to where?

I don't think you will likely get most to give away spots on any message board. Some may email you privately but I think most worked hard to find spots where they have had success or were given spots in confidence.

That said, this site is a great source of information and a quick key word search of the archives should give you all the answers for everything you need.

As a place to start if this hasn't been helpful is just drive out of Roberts Cove and you should see groups of boats in different places within minutes of coming out of the cove...start there. Keep your lines within 10 ft of the surface and your speed under 1 with the smelt and you'll catch fish.

Watch the lake in spring, it can get rough fast in that area of a wind picks up and be careful of floating debris this time of year when motoring out (don't want to hit a break away dock in the darkness).

I definately know better than to ask for someone's honey hole.... thought my post was general enough sorry if I offended...

Again though thank you very much for the info.

D.

Being the cold water that it is right now,I would fish the bays.I personaly like wolfboro bay this time of the year,starting right out the mouth of the river right straight out to clay point hang a left.You will see what the other guys are doing.Lots of stucture over there,you can lose some gear in a hurry if you get in to close.I have had lots of fun in there.I think the main lake coming out of roberts cove will be to cold for awhile yet to catch much.There is great stucture between wolfboro and alton bay and would take years to learn all your own faverite areas on that end.....I'm still learning....enjoy.polebreaker

Right out front of Silversands.

We fished Wolfboro bay 6 am to about 11....
smelts produced many more strikes than hardware...
one LDR salmon, several missed strikes, and I landed a nice close to 3 pound laker. All in all a pretty successful outing for my first time on Winni. I will be back!!!!! thanks for all the help.

Dennis

Nice.polebreaker