Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Looking for Parts - Tilt + Trim Motor

Shakedown cruze yesterday caught and released a 21 in. bow and a 20 in. salmon both fat and healthy on streamers Barndoor island area. Nothing after 9 am switched to spoons still nothing. Loading onto trailer tilt motor fussy. Got home and it would only work while tapping with hammer. Today going to lift outboard off transom and remove tilt and trim motor unit. Located some used trim motors on line but would like to find one local to save time. Motor is a 1998 Merc Mariner 200 h.p. v-6. The same three piston two wire tilt unit was used on most 140 to 225 h.p. Mercury 2-strokes for many years. Thanx, Cal P.

Re: Looking for Parts - Tilt + Trim Motor

I am a old Mercury tech and it sounds like the brushes may need to be replaced. Its not a hard job and could save you alot of money and time.

Hey Cal, Check out M&M marine salvage in Meredith, that guy has Everything you can think of under the sun, Pretty sure it's the same place Big John bought the trailer for his pontoon boat. Take Care God Bless LOL Dave

The brushes themselfs are OK, but water got inside past the o ring. Also broke the ceramic on the outside of the windings. Quite a mess. Called M+M Marine Salvage and they didn,t have one. But Granite State Boatworks in Milford may have one on the shelf as they are a Mercury (parts plus) dealer. Will find out tomorrow and hopefully be back on the water in a day or two. Thanx Cal P.

Yankee Native
The brushes themselfs are OK, but water got inside past the o ring. Also broke the ceramic on the outside of the windings. Quite a mess. Called M+M Marine Salvage and they didn,t have one. But Granite State Boatworks in Milford may have one on the shelf as they are a Mercury (parts plus) dealer. Will find out tomorrow and hopefully be back on the water in a day or two. Thanx Cal P.

Cal,
Hope ya get it going, if not, I could use a good mate on Wednesday for my shakedown, don't anticpatde any problems except with the fish, ha,ha. Me and Ole Russ Johnson.

Big John

Thanks John, I,ll let you know. No shrimp on board I hope!