Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Winni Report

We were into the 2 year olds on Friday also...couldn't shake them even with moves to other areas several hundred yards away. I guess the good news is there are LOTS of these fish in there so with careful release we should be looking good in 2-3 years with these fish.

Two weeks ago, we were into all 4 year fish it seemed. I guess these fish all stay together with their age classes.

I also went last Friday and I'm happy to report different results. I only caught 3 salmon but they were all good size. One at 5 lbs., one at 4 lbs., and one at 3.5 lbs. I was by myself so sorry but I don't have any pictures. Caught all 3 on live shiners on top (big guy) and 1.5 colors of lead for the other two. I haven't caught a salmon out of Winni this big in 5 years or so. It was a gorgeous fish and absolutely perfect in every way. All three were actually in real good shape. I don't eat fish so they're back in the lake to grow bigger. I too was beginning to think that Winni wouldn't give up anymore big boys and I'm ecstatic to say that maybe I was wrong! I hope this wasn't just a fluke.

Chris

thanks for releasing these beauties ! your a true sportsman !

Nice fish Chris!