Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
5/2 Report

Trolled today 2-5pm, picked up 2 salmon 19 and 16", both released; live smelt and DB; one fish on each at 2 and 3 colors in 20-60ft.
On Saturday between 11am-5pm a buddy and I hooked 9 or 10 fish all on smelt 1-2 colors; alot of LDR's, got two fish in the boat 20" male and 16" female.
The "Tessie" trolled along side us by Moose and Ship. Any luck that day Tess?
Also, I had the 6 gallon gas tank stolen out of my boat between Mon and Fri last week. Boat was at my dock by Parker Marine. Im now on armed patrol for boat crooks daily.

Re: 5/2 Report

Where do you live?, I have 2 metal six gallon tanks that I was going to put on Craigslist for free. One needs a line and they both need a good clean out. Yours if you want them.

altonbayer
Trolled today 2-5pm, picked up 2 salmon 19 and 16", both released; live smelt and DB; one fish on each at 2 and 3 colors in 20-60ft.
On Saturday between 11am-5pm a buddy and I hooked 9 or 10 fish all on smelt 1-2 colors; alot of LDR's, got two fish in the boat 20" male and 16" female.
The "Tessie" trolled along side us by Moose and Ship. Any luck that day Tess?
Also, I had the 6 gallon gas tank stolen out of my boat between Mon and Fri last week. Boat was at my dock by Parker Marine. Im now

Are you guys (and all Winni fisherman) checking the fin clip, 2 yr olds have the Adipose fin clipped, that is the small fin behind the Dorsal fin, might be hard to tell. The fish mentioned in the above post could be 2 or 3 yr olds or older if stunted by hook wounds, etc. ???????????????

Fish and Game do monitor this web site and need that information to help manage the Salmon population.

Only takes a second to see what fin is clipped, can be one of 3 fins, or no clip at all.

No fin clip= 1 yr old (not stocked yet)
Adipose fin= 2 yr old
Left vent= 3 yr old
No fin clip= 4 yr old
Right Vent= 5 yr old
Adipose fin= 6 yr old

Do a search (top right of this page) for Fin Clip Chart for 2011 and you will find the chart posted by Gus, it shows where the different fins are located.

Thanks,

Big John

First post on the Board Fin Clip Chart... iT's a sticky...

Cool Water