(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Lead core and main line.

Fishegg
Might also look at some of the roadside assistance coverages out there for people trailering boats. That many miles, anything can go wrong, might be worth it.

I do have AAA I'll have to see if they incude that type of service, great suggestion thanks.

Big John

John,

You know how much I travel with the grady. I always always repack bearings every year and than agian before the ontario trip in the fall. Bearing buddies are fine but if your still looking around get the axles that have the spindle grease fittings, what that does is gets grease to the rear bearing as well as the front. This set up is the balls. bearing buddies only grease the front bearings. Spend the money and get a trailer that is rated more than what you plan on hauling. Sounds like some serious miles you will be going with this trailer. Some marine companys will slide a piece of junk under a boat to keep costs down and get the boat out the door. Some gradys I looked at were set up that way plus they were trashed so junk on junk was the set up. I was lucky to find mine it was excelent shape and the trailer was over rated for the boat..Good luck!

Charlie.....C.C.

Very true, my Loadrite has those Superlube hubs, the fill hole where the grease exits is way back on the inside bearing. It pushes the used up grease out of the bearing assembly. An awesome design, I usually keep spinning the wheel until the grease comes out new.

John,

Last year I had more luck with leadcore and a 30-50' leader. Don't know if it was just s-luck though.

FWIW, A few years back a friend had Boat US insurance for his saltwater boat. The x-beam frame cracked and failed during a tow. Boat US came an picked up his boat. Not sure how the coverage worked but I think they paid for his replacement trailer. I can check with him to confirm this.

sully
John,

Last year I had more luck with leadcore and a 30-50' leader. Don't know if it was just s-luck though.

FWIW, A few years back a friend had Boat US insurance for his saltwater boat. The x-beam frame cracked and failed during a tow. Boat US came an picked up his boat. Not sure how the coverage worked but I think they paid for his replacement trailer. I can check with him to confirm this.

Be nice to know, thanks. Heading to the lake this morning and will stop in Tilton Trailer Center to see what they have.

Big John