Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Can planer boards be run off downriggers

I have a pair of the G2 planers on my 17' Lowe. At first, I was running them off my riggers because I was trying to avoid having to clutter up the deck with a mast. Worked ok, but the boards were a little too far astern for my liking. Someone here suggested that I just hand line them in and out - tried it and worked like a charm. I tied a loop in the line at the distance I like, then hook on to my bimini frame or a cleat. Simple and easy setup, they go in and out quicker, and free up space at the same time.

leftyyyy
I have a pair of the G2 planers on my 17' Lowe. At first, I was running them off my riggers because I was trying to avoid having to clutter up the deck with a mast. Worked ok, but the boards were a little too far astern for my liking. Someone here suggested that I just hand line them in and out - tried it and worked like a charm. I tied a loop in the line at the distance I like, then hook on to my bimini frame or a cleat. Simple and easy setup, they go in and out quicker, and free up space at the same time.

Lefty,

Did you get your boat in, wasn't in Sunday when I rode by ??

So far I'm alone Saturday, if your boat isn't in and you want to hop on The Barge I'd enjoy fishing with you.

Big John

Got the boat in late Sunday - couple of minor glitches, so no lines in the water yet. Waiting for a primer bulb atm, should have on Saturday.

Saturday on the barge sounds great, will call or email you direct later today.

L

leftyyyy
Got the boat in late Sunday - couple of minor glitches, so no lines in the water yet. Waiting for a primer bulb atm, should have on Saturday.

Saturday on the barge sounds great, will call or email you direct later today.

L

Great, Captain Cal Preston will with us, but he might have to do a salt charter last minute ???

My new NH cell phone # 603-412-2606, call me later and we will make a plan.

Sorry you had boat issues, no mater how hard you try to cover all the bases, stuff goes wrong with these **** toys over the winter. A shakedown can go both ways, I always figure if I can get a line in the water on a shakedown, I'm way ahead of the game.

John