Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
5/6 report

Got to the lake yesterday at about 4 p.m. and launched my boat out of alton bay. I had decent results boating four fish by 7 o'clock. 3 healthy salmon from 17" to 22" with no hook wounds and a nice 20" lake trout. All fish caught at 15 ft down in about 40 fow. All caught on a sutton wondered spoon tolling at 1.8 mph on gps.

This morning was a different story. One missed hit first thing in the a.m. but nothing after that. I tried everything. Different depths, colors, speed and nada. Did anyone have any luck at alton bay this morning?

Re: 5/6 report

We had good luck this am at Black Point, Boated 9 lost 3. By mid day moved to north end of Rattlesnake and picked up one of the biggest Rainbows I ever caught, He was 26" Just over 5.5lbs!!! No Fin clips so im thinking he was at least 5 yrs old. Also picked up a nice 24" she weighted in at 5.25lbs NO EGGS tho, Female Salmon she was clipped and was 4 yrs old according to the fin chart on this site. Things are looking up for the derby!

Good Luck and Have Fun

Steve B
We had good luck this am at Black Point, Boated 9 lost 3. By mid day moved to north end of Rattlesnake and picked up one of the biggest Rainbows I ever caught, He was 26" Just over 5.5lbs!!! No Fin clips so im thinking he was at least 5 yrs old. Also picked up a nice 24" she weighted in at 5.25lbs NO EGGS tho, Female Salmon she was clipped and was 4 yrs old according to the fin chart on this site. Things are looking up for the derby!

Good Luck and Have Fun

Great results and post, if you are talking about Saturday, Lefty and I ran 4 lines, 8.5 hours on Squam, not a single bite, we call that being "Squamed". But it was a beautiful day to be on the pond boating, flat and "no wind".

The day before in a hurricane, with Cal Preston and W-Fat, we got "3 two yr old Salmon" what a beautiful sight, we had our doubts if any survived the stocking last year but they are starting to show up this spring. They were 17 to 18 inches and growing well, we also boated two 18" Bows.

By the way, only a few Bows are fin clipped for special ponds, etc. Bows in the big lakes are not clipped, so those big Bows were most likely 3 yr olds, they grow like weeds.

Happy Mothers Day, can't wait for Fathers Day so we can fish on a "our" special day, ha-ha.

Big John

Not Alton Bay but Saunders and shore near Glendale. Got there at 630 and trolled all morning using db smelt of all colors and live smelt both on leadcore and heavy weighted mono. Nothing. Not a hit even. Others we talked to on the water and at launch at silver sands had anything either. Maybe next time.

Also fished saunders and glendale, got one 18 inch salmon 2 colors down as soon as i had the line in the water and nothing after that.