(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: lake mooselookmenguncit

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

What Tackleman said is a good description, it does give up some good salmon and brokies.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Gus

Richardson would be another option. They have many remote sites only accessible by boat. HUGE Lakers, some very nice salmon, brookies.RV79
South Arm Campground controls them.

Can't remember for sure, but I believe that Brookie weighed 3.5#'s or 3# & 5oz. Do you have that in your log, Gus?
Maybe Salty could say, he caught some nice ones that day also.
A great trip for six happy RFP's
Richard

All I remember is I won the pool for biggest Salmon. You know you caught the biggest Brookie. (and you're still bragging about it.) lol

Salty

on mooslook, steven phillips preserve has a couple remote sites. i always like chesuncook lake, smaller fish but alot of them, did have a brookie go thru the net that was a major wallhanger on the west branch on the north end of the lake. would recommend katahdin view lodge and stay in one of the cabins, there are remote campsites there but the wind and wave action can be horrible, good to have a protected dock on that lake, even with that i sunk my eastern at the dock. plan on an 18 mile boat ride to get there or a long ride around the east side thru a logging trail, i said trail, not road

should add that if you go to chesuncook there is a strange technique that works on the upper end, about 4 mph with large rapalas, chartreuse, gold and black floating, and blue silver husky jerks. the 5 inch ones seem to work best with the 3 trebles, really like drag, they hit hard. i have a whole different box for that lake

Thanks for all the info guys. We found a remote campsite on lake capsuptic/ mooselook. It will be my first time fishing in that area so I am not expecting too much. I know it will still be a great weekend so I'm not too concerned. I think I'm gonna try Rangeley one morning as well. I'll give a report and hopefully some pics as well when I get back.